So many friends, family and coworkers have noticed this "amazing planner" on my desk or have seen pictures on my Instagram and have been asking just what it is - so here you go! For those of you that have not discovered the amazing world of Cultivate What Matters and Powersheets, grab a chair and keep reading!
Powersheets are designed to be a workbook to track your goals (available in 12 and 6 month versions) and to assist you in creating a roadmap of how to get where you want to be in your life. Some of the areas that are included are Goal Action Ideas, Monthly/Weekly/Daily Tending Lists, Relationship Tending (one of my favorites to hold myself accountable to be a better friend, fiancé and family member), Cultivating Gratitude, Big Dreams, What Fires Me Up, Things I Want to Learn/Things I Learned, and a million more! Also, Keep in mind that I am using a 2016 set of Powersheets so the new ones will look better with the updates the Cultivate What Matters team has made.
- You probably noticed that not all of my boxes are checked - and I'm actually happy about that! If there is one thing that I am learning it is that I can't do it all and do it well and that means accepting little by little progress with my goals.
- In May I really focused on Relationship Tending with Bret, friends and family. When I was filling out my 2017 goals at the beginning of the year, this was at the top of my important list simply because when I am 80, I don't want to look back on all of the amazing relationships that I was "too busy" to maintain.
A few things from my June Powersheets prep:
- Start AND finish the first month of my fitness challenge! One of my goals this year is to create a healthy home and let's just say that I have not done well the last five months. In order to hold myself accountable, I started an 8-week program with a trainer to teach me how to properly exercise so I feel confident enough to sustain my progress after these 8 weeks. With this goal in mind, I have created daily, weekly and monthly tending items to hold myself accountable that include: Sunday meal prepping, drinking 75oz. of water each day and eating lunch at home each day (which also helps our financial goals for 2017!). Today is day three - I am more sore than I have ever been in my life BUT I am convincing myself that this is all part of little-by-little progress toward my goal so WISH ME LUCK!
- Wedding Planning - Bret and I are getting married next May but due to his Optometry class/clinic schedule, we are getting a lot of things finished earlier than usual so we can relax and enjoy this amazing season in life. We are four months into our engagement and currently have booked a venue, I have a dress, a florist, a catering possibility, a month-of coordinator and a photographer! I do have to say - I am so blessed that a dear friend gave me the Joyful Wedding Planner from Southern Weddings to help keep me on track!
- Cultivate stronger relationships - I LOVE the relationship tending page each month to help keep me on track and choose specific friends to love on that month. This month I wanted to host a dinner party to celebrate this good season in life and the amazing people that God has put in our lives and it went perfect! I have also been sending 2-5 handwritten cards in the mail each month because who doesn't love to find pretty things in the mailbox and I know that gratitude changes everything so I love to share words of kindness and encouragement with those I love!